One of the most difficult obstacles I have ever had to accept is my inability to have children. I love kids so much. I have a special place in my heart for those who seem left out—wearing old clothes that are too big or too small with holes and missing pockets and broken zippers—because they remind me of my childhood.
I like to give presents to my nieces and nephews; but I have felt a bit of pain and emptiness during Christmas because I cannot experience the joy of giving quite as much as those of you who have children of your own.
I have always found it difficult to understand how someone could choose to terminate a pregnancy. I do understand, however, that predicaments such as rape, incest, expense, or youth are tough obstacles for pregnant women; but there are so many good options out there that can make it lots easier for the mommy, and the daddy. Granted, although I have made many tough decisions, I have not encountered the difficulties some women have faced with unexpected pregnancies during such challenges. (Click on title to read more.)
As maturing human beings, we’re not always thinking clearly; and in such a predicament, women frequently panic and act on impulse as they become quickly convinced that the best and only decision is to have an abortion…not realizing that such a decision will be the most regrettable bit of immaturity they will ever know.
Human beings, who feel worthy of respect and enriched by freedom, can be all they can be and should make the decisions guided by their informed conscience. A respected citizen will make respectable decisions.
All human beings are worthy of respect and should be respected regardless if their mistakes and decisions differ from those you and I would make “in their shoes”.
We live in America, a homeland where freedom is the basis and the goal toward which we grow regardless of our understanding, knowledge, wisdom, and compassion. We all have free will. Every citizen living in freedom makes decisions. Whether we grow toward or away from freedom is based on the decisions we make. Freedom is not necessarily a form of government or a mind of state; it’s a state of mind, wherein one’s choices actually determine the degree of one’s freedom. Good choices enhance our freedom, whereas bad choices deteriorate our freedom. The choices each of us makes culminate to the collective freedom among which we coexist as a country. Civilization is a term that implies civil behavior within a country wherein the citizens care about one another.
If you elect me to lead this country of freedom, I will acknowledge your choices regardless how mature or moral, whether you are democrat, republican, pro-choice, or pro-life. I will respect you regardless of your understanding, knowledge, and wisdom-level by which you determine the degree of freedom toward which you grow. I don’t want for you to make as many stupid mistakes as I’ve made, if that’s even possible! I want you to be happy at a younger age than it took me to reach the truth in wisdom and understanding that brings happiness within freedom. I, therefore, hope that your maturity will advance beyond the kid-level well before your hair turns gray—especially on this subject. I’m outside looking in since I cannot have kids, so please listen to my genuine interest in your freedom.
The quick fix of abortion deceitfully seems like such a brilliant “freedom”; but such unjust law will only serve to prolong the agony when the mommy recognizes what she has done. We cannot blame her really for what misery she will endure, for she has been born into a country wherein unjust guidance makes its way to legal behavior—protected and confused as “law”.
Amid such temporary insanity in our country, not only do we have to step-up to help the innocent infant child but the mother as well, for the agony will be overwhelming—obvious by those who are “silent no more!”
Well, if the young woman miraculously decides to carry the pregnancy to term, I would be willing to adopt her baby as well as every baby who would otherwise have been terminated by abortion. Later on, should she gain the insight of maturity, she will most certainly want her baby back. And, I’m absolutely certain that she will be extremely grateful…especially upon reflecting on what might have been as she listens to the experiences of those who made the wrong choice that she had almost made. Not only is it wrong by obvious moral reasons but by the obvious anguish that the grieving mothers carry after such a horrific “choice”.
The President of the United States has an income of approximately $400,000 per year. I will give every cent from this source of income to provide for such babies these mothers allow me to adopt. Although they’ll actually be my brothers and sisters, I’ll be honored to be their guardian and you will still be their mother and father, because without you, they couldn’t have made it onto my arms and into this beautiful planet wherein you will have given them the love our parents gave to us that they too deserve. I will share a bond with you because you will have given me a gift I will immensely treasure!
For Christmas, I will no longer feel pain or a sense of emptiness, for I will have lots of children who will call me “mommy”. I will love and inspire the little people, who will grow-up to become great respectable citizens—like you!
At the beginning of the Christmas season, during my first year as President, all that year’s warmly wrapped newborn babies will lie in a manger under the National Christmas Tree. The woman, who will light the National Christmas Tree, will be the woman with the most merciful message to mothers in a similar predicament regardless of the decision she made!
During my second year as President, all the year’s warmly wrapped newborn babies will lie in a manger with swaddling clothes under the National Christmas Tree. Their older siblings will be right next to them. The man, who will light the National Christmas Tree, will be the man with the most honorable message to fathers in a similar predicament regardless of the decision inherent with “making babies”!
During my third year as President, all the year’s warmly wrapped newborn babies will lie in a manger under the National Christmas Tree. Their two-year-old and three-year-old siblings will stand next to them. The three-year-old, who will light the National Christmas Tree, will be the one whose clothes don’t quite fit.
During my fourth year as President, all the year’s warmly wrapped newborn babies will lie in a manger under the National Christmas Tree with their older siblings next to them. On this occasion, I will give you the best Christmas present I have ever given anyone.
Imagine the bond these children will have! Just think of the inspiration of which these kids will be capable. I have been told repeatedly from friends all over the world that I have inspired them with this or that. Just wait until I have the opportunity to love and inspire the little people…you aint seen nothin’ yet!
Take a minute to reflect on the human being you most admire, love, and respect…
What if that person’s mommy and daddy would have had an abortion? The only power one has is that of free will. The decisions one makes based on that gift determine the degree of gratitude for such power.
We concern ourselves too much with how an elected representative votes, which eventually might merely serve to determine parameters. The real problem is that elected representatives are just that—representatives. The human beings we elect into Office are representative of the voters (you and me). We are so concerned about changing someone else that we don’t recognize our good or bad behavior is simply mirrored collectively by our representatives.
Pointing at others will merely challenge people to justify their position; pointing into the mirror will eventually inspire others to strengthen their weakness. Let’s strengthen our team. Divisiveness has not worked! The first step is to stop insulting the weaknesses of others and focus instead on strengthening one’s own.
We need government to tell us what to do, when we don’t know how to manage ourselves. Proposing, changing, or implementing “the law” is neither the culprit nor the solution to our problems; rather, our behavior is the reason for “the law”.
There is a difference between an animal and a human being: one has a conscience. When we minimize our virtues, we maximize our animal-like characteristics. When we maximize our virtues, we maximize our human characteristics.
Therefore, the solution to any of our problems derives from our behavior. Just because “the law” allows me to behave like an animal doesn’t mean loyalty to my informed conscience will allow me to stop behaving like a human being.
Remember when we were kids, our mommy or grandma would sew a patch on our pants? They would “mend” our clothes! Well, Amendments should patch not tear, fix not shred, improve not destroy, purify not pervert.
Roe V Wade—the infamous case which permeated poison into our country’s legal system on January 22, 1973—is not justifiable by the Constitution of the United States. How this travesty came into “law”…well, suffice it to say that it most certainly is not in accordance with our honorable Constitution.
I understand well how test questions can be missed or answered incorrectly. I understand how it is not always possible to get an A+ in every test whether in medicine, economics, biology, law, political science, theology, anthropology, journalism, et cetera. It’s quite inevitable to get something wrong; none of us is perfect! But of all test questions to miss, don’t get that one wrong! Even the characters of two simpletons in the movie Sling Blade were sufficiently cognizant to comprehend such commonsense!
A country in which immorality is applauded, murder is condoned, truth is relative, beauty is destroyed, life is divided, freedom is synonymous with license, and rebellion is respected, unjust law quite obviously becomes inevitable, and authentic law is replaced with anarchy. Upon such “mending”, one thing is extremely clear—the recognition as to why leadership becomes so very challenging. When unjust law becomes the law of the land, the elected authority, regardless how moral or ethical, will have an extremely difficult time with leadership. Quite simply, because “everything goes” takes-on the unwritten motto, protocol becomes: If there’s a demand for it, just make an amendment.
When amendments are made simply because of such twisted demand, legitimate authority gives way to the inevitable lack of leadership. The citizens’ only involvement becomes a “tug-of-war” in which the “leader” is pulled in opposite directions. Eventually, moral leaders will be “led” by the fashion of the day because the current is just that powerful.
If you support a “law” that serves to help someone with an immediate dilemma, you will likely gain a vote. However, if your vision extends toward the long-term, in retrospect the citizen will respect your leadership!
If you would like to test this out, have a private conversation with a wise young woman who has learned from past behavior regarding this subject. The most profound arguments that I have heard on the subject of abortion come from such women who have regretfully had an abortion. They are “Silent no more”! (As a matter of fact, this includes the woman in the Roe V Wade case.)
My greatest respect for human beings derives from their acquired wisdom because of their mistakes. It’s not a disgrace to have made mistakes; it’s a disgrace not to have learned from them!
I believe it was sometime in 2003 that I found the following names in womens-center.ORG and placed them in some kind of order. You might also find them fascinating. See if they look familiar…
NAME..........IT’S A.......DOB............WEIGHT
George..........boy....Dec 30, 1992.....6 lbs 8 oz
John............boy....Mar 1, 1998......8 lbs 11 oz
Thomas..........boy....Feb 11, 1995.....7 lbs 13 oz
James...........boy....Feb 4, 2000......5 lbs 15 oz
James...........boy....April 4, 1998....6 lbs 7 oz
John............boy....Mar 7, 1994......9 lbs
Andrew Ivan.....boy....May 24, 2000.....6 lbs 1 oz
Martin..........boy....Aug 26, 1997.....7 lbs 13 oz
William.........boy....Feb 18, 2000.....5 lbs 2 oz
John............boy....Feb 10, 1993.....7 lbs 11 oz
James...........boy....July 13, 1996....8 lbs 11 oz
Zachary.........boy....Mar 28, 2000.....5 lbs 11 oz
Franklin........boy....Aug 22, 1998.....7 lbs 12 oz
James...........boy....Nov 21, 1995.....7 lbs 10 oz
Abraham.........boy....Aug 21, 2000.....7 lbs 7 oz
Andrew..........boy....Dec 18, 1998.....7 lbs 15 oz
Ulysses.........boy....Oct 21, 1993.....7 lbs 7 oz
James...........boy....July 13, 1996....8 lbs 11 oz
Stephen.........boy....May 21, 1992.....6 lbs 9 oz
Benjamin........boy....April 7, 1996....6 lbs 5 oz
William.........boy....April 22, 1999...7 lbs
William.........boy....June 21, 1996....8 lbs 8 oz
Thomas..........boy....April 27, 1999...7 lbs 2 oz
John............boy....Feb 10, 1993.....7 lbs 11 oz
Franklin........boy....Aug 22, 1998.....7 lbs 12 oz
Dwight..........boy....July 7, 1992.....6 lbs 2 oz
John............boy....Mar 17 1992......didn't say
Richard.........boy....Dec 12, 1993.....8 lbs 6 oz
James...........boy....July 13, 1996....8 lbs 11 oz
Ronald..........boy....Oct 14, 1996.....7 lbs
George..........boy....June 8, 1992.....7 lbs
William.........boy....June 21, 1996....8 lbs 8 oz
George..........boy....Jan 26, 1993.....didn't say
Barbara.........girl...July 20, 1991....didn't say
Maria...........girl...Feb 7, 2000......6 lbs 8 oz
Hillary.........girl...July 26, 1992....5 lbs
Susan...........girl...Feb 13 1989......didn't say
Elizabeth.......girl...Feb 2, 2000......5 lbs 9 oz
Dianne..........girl...Dec 29, 1996.....3 lbs
Lindsey.........girl...Oct 23, 1987.....didn’t say
Kayla Marie.....girl...Feb 13, 2000.....6 lbs
Mary............girl...Jan 14, 2000.....8 lbs 15 oz
Melissa.........girl...Jan 02, 1987.....didn’t say
Barbara.........girl...July 20, 1991....didn’t say
Lisa............girl...July 23, 1994....8 lbs 5 oz
Patricia........girl...Sept 26, 1988....didn’t say
Debra...........girl...May 28, 1994.....6 lbs 1 oz
Melissa.........girl...Jan 2, 1987......didn’t say
Virginia........girl...Mar 28, 1987.....didn’t say
Cynthia.........girl...Jan 16, 2000.....5 lbs 15 oz
Allison Shree...girl...Sept 9, 2000.....9 lbs 12 oz
Debby...........girl...May 12 1990......didn’t say
Tammy...........girl...July 24 1989.....didn’t say
Shelly Anahi....girl...Aug 19, 2000.....6 lbs
Jude............girl...Nov 2 1988.......didn’t say
Marshai.........girl...Feb 13 1991......didn’t say
Madeleine.......girl...Feb 7, 1998......6 lbs 15 oz
Thelma..........girl...Jan 2, 2000......7 lbs 2 oz
Jennifer........girl...May 28, 2000.....6 lbs 10 oz
Stephanie.......girl...Sept 5, 1992.....8 lbs 15 oz
Denise..........girl...July 13, 1993....8 lbs 5 oz
Karen...........girl...Sept 14, 1993....8 lbs 6 oz
Gwendolynne.....girl...April 26 1988....didn’t say
Marilyn.........girl...Dec 2, 1996......6 lbs 10 oz
Linda...........girl...Dec 24, 1993.....7 lbs 14 oz
Jeannette.......girl...April 6, 1993....7 lbs 11 oz
Matthew.........boy....Feb 15, 1994.....8 lbs 3 oz
Mark............boy....Nov 4, 1992......6 lbs 4 oz
Luke............boy....Nov 6, 1992......8 lbs 2 oz
John............boy....July 27, 1993....7 lbs 9 oz
Peter...........boy....May 30, 1999.....9 lbs 1 oz
Andrew..........boy....Nov 30, 1992.....8 lbs 14 oz
Philip..........boy....Jan 6 1992.......didn’t say
James...........boy....Sept 14, 1992....6 lbs 11 oz
John............boy....Oct 6, 1992......8 lbs 5 oz
Bart............boy....Jan 30 1987......didn’t say
Thomas..........boy....April 27, 1999...7 lbs 2 oz
Matthew.........boy....Nov 24, 1992.....6 lbs 7 oz
James...........boy....Oct 14, 1992.....5 lbs
Thaddeus........boy....Dec 26, 1999.....6 lbs 8 oz
Simon...........boy....July 18, 1998....7 lbs
Matheia.........boy....Oct 15 1991......didn’t say
I have tremendous respect for their compassionate and wise mommies! I listened as they reflectively told of their experiences. They are extremely grateful to the staff of volunteers. They tell of such heartfelt incidents about which they shudder to think that they came so close to making a choice that would have haunted their freedom for the rest of their lives. If it had not been for the Women’s Center, they would have had to go from one shrink to another only to numb the pain. Seemingly, nobody knows this better than mommies like these who improve in love for their child far more than any other mommy or daddy ever could.
Young women have abortions because of shame, being unwed, being alone without any money, not knowing where to go, not having anyone to talk to, or it seems like the best answer. They need a place to go where someone gives them some options and brings hope. Those who can help, we portray a holier-than-thou attitude or mislead them by saying, “Oh honey, it’s just a clump of tissue.” Later on, when the young mommy reflects upon the “choice” she made, the experience will be one of two extremes—sorrow or anger.
Show me a human being who can remove such “a clump of tissue” to the trashcan without remorse and I’ll show you a human being without a mature mind. But, you know, I doubt you could find such a human being who, upon learning that “the clump of tissue” is in fact a human being, will have anything but real love for her precious child. If you can show me a human being thereafter without remorse, I’ll show you a human being without a mature conscience.
When we have such lack of respect for human life as to relegate it as a mere “clump of tissue”, for what can we have respect?
Have you ever heard of a former mommy who is happy for such “law” that legalized such opportunity? No! We don’t hear too much from such mommies who are numb with pain. If we do hear such endorsement, the pain is usually expressed in anger or sarcasm. They really need friends like you and me to listen to them and give them our open arms and a place in our hearts.
The Women’s Center in Chicago is comprised of volunteers who selflessly give to women before, during, and after the child’s birth. These women will give the rest of their lives for the sake of helping others in such desperate need with whom they will grow in camaraderie.
The Women’s Center is quite a remarkable gift of love! If you want to learn about compassion, wisdom, and leadership, check out this site. If you are a young girl who feels lost and unloved after having been abused and left to figure it out alone, I know of a place where you will be accepted and loved from lots of others who felt the very same emptiness. Sweetheart, you are so not alone! (The Women’s Center / 5116 North Cicero Ave / Chicago, IL 60630 / 773 794-1313)
If I were to tell you that I’ve never made a mistake with a holier-than-thou attitude, I’d be telling a big fat lie! Furthermore, if I had never made a mistake, I couldn’t relate with those who have. Incidentally, I have yet to meet a human being with whom I cannot relate…so what does that tell you? Although I’ve never had an abortion, I have made many other mistakes! Only those who have yet to make a mistake will find difficulty relating with those of us who have.
Whether or not you went through with the abortion, I love you from the very core of my heart! The best way to alleviate your pain is by helping your brother or sister in a familiar “pair of shoes”. One day when you see the little people, you will know that they would not be able to use their feet to walk toward you for a hug, had it not been for their mommy having a little piece of your wise advice! My precious friend, this one’s for you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment